Each national GFFJ chapter is registered in accordance with its particular country’s laws as duly approved by the Fund’s Board of Governors.
The Chairperson of the local GFFJ Board of Trustees is to be appointed by the local GFFJ Executive Committee, which is to be appointed by the Ambassadors and shall, at any given time, be the custodian of the original Deed of Trust used to register GFFJ.
Responsibilities of The
Board of Trustees
The Trustees shall, subject to the directive of the GFFJ Global Board of Trustees, provide general policy guidelines to the organisation’s National Executive Committee.
The Chairperson of the National Board of Trustees, or his or her nominee, shall be entitled to attend the meetings of GFFJ Global Board of Governors.
Board of Trustees Appointment Criteria
- Christian who subscribes to the GBR and GFFJ values.
- Member of a local Global Business Roundtable.
- Member of local GFFJ Ambassadors’ team.
- Integrity and character as well as a willingness to serve GBR voluntarily
- A willingness to give financial resources to GFFJ.
- Active and regular involvement in a vocation, profession or business.
Registration of GFFJ at national level
Each National GFFJ shall be registered at national level in accordance with:
- A registration template that will have been duly approved by GFFJ Board of Governors; and
- Relevant local or national laws.
The Chairperson of the local GFFJ Board of Trustees, which will be put in place by the local GFFJ executive committee put in place by the Ambassadors, shall, at any given time, be the custodian of the original Deed of Trust used to register GFFJ.
How do you set up the National Board of Trustees for GFFJ?
- There shall be a National Board of Trustees whose Members shall at least be three (3) with a maximum number of nine (9).
- The aforesaid Trustees shall be formally appointed by the Convener and Chairman of GFFJ upon getting submissions of CVs from the national chapter.
- Effort shall be made to ensure a gender balance as well as an appropriate mix of various professional and leadership skills (spiritual and otherwise).
What are the responsibilities of the BOT?
- The Trustees shall, subject to the directive of the GFFJ Global Board of Trustees, provide general policy guidelines to the National GFFJ Executive Committee.
- The Chairperson of the National Board of Trustees, or his or her nominee, shall be entitled to attend the meetings of GFFJ Global Board of Governors.
Termination of Membership of the BOT
Any Trustee’s membership shall be terminated upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
- A change in respect of any of the conditions stipulated in the paragraph above;
- Failure to attend the Board of Trustees Meetings for three (3) consecutive occasions;
- Failure to attend at least one (1) of the critical GFFJ and GBR events, namely the:
- The Annual Prayer Camp;
- The Annual GBR Conference and GFFJ Gala Dinner;
- Thought Leaders Event;
- Thanks Giving Ceremony; or
- An international launch or participation at an international event such as GFFJ and GBR anniversary celebration or a launch of some of GBR Chapters
- Doing anything that:
- Is unethical or is tainted with dishonesty; and or
- Has the potential to taint the good image of GFFJ and GBR.
Termination of a Trustee’s Membership shall only be effected following written approval of the Convener and Chairman of GFFJ or his duly nominated representative upon receiving a submission from the National GFFJ executive committee.